Friday, April 8, 2011

Washington, D.C.


(U.S. Capitol with Washington Monument in foreground)

I think I'm still recovering from walking approximately 30 miles in 4 days. Washington, D.C. was absolutely gorgeous! We tried to see it all, but it just couldn't be done. Parking is nuts and getting into the city is expensive, but once you get there, almost everything is free. The Smithsonian museums, the monuments, the memorials, it's incredible. Tony and I wanted to see as much as possible without spending money just to get from point A to point B. So we walked. A lot.

I went to Washington, D.C. about 10 years ago on a school trip, and some of the monuments and memorials still stuck with me this entire time. Everything is so incredibly beautiful, and very unique. Tony wrote a really nice blog about our time in the city, so I won't duplicate the entire trip. I invite you to take a look at his blog because it sums up the trip perfectly.

I have attached a few pictures that we took with our new camera. I hope you enjoy!

(Vietnam War Memorial)



(Lincoln Memorial)

(U.S. Capitol Building)

Thanks for reading. :) Have a great night!
Lesleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment